Woosong University belongs to the Woosong Education Foundation which was established in 1954, located in Daejeon, South Korea and has a long history of outstanding work in education, teaching and training with more than 12,000 students, and 780 professors.
Woosong University is a specialized university, providing curriculum based on practice and theory. The University has been ranked as an autonomous, the top tier university by the Korean Ministry of Education. It currently boasts three international schools: SolBridge International School of Business, Sol International School and Endicott College of International Studies. Education in the International schools is conducted solely in English by renown international professors. In addition, we have four Korean schools including College of Railroad Transportation, College of Digital Media, College of Hotel and Culinary and College of Health and Welfare. Since the establishment of the university in 1995, Woosong University has signed more than 400 Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with universities and institutions in more than 60 countries. Collaborative programs include joint research, dual degree, Student Exchange, and Study Abroad among other programs.
Founder Kim Jung-Woo’s clear vision and passion for education, and the tireless efforts of members of the Woosong Education Foundation have made it a solid and dynamic institution with significant contributions to Korean society. Woosong Education Foundation has established Woosong University, Woosong Technical College, Woosong Information College, Woosong Language Institute, Seodaejeon High School, Woosong High School, Woosong Middle School and several other institutions.
Based on founding philosophy and ideology of Korea our goal is to strive continuously for the professions required by the global society. We cultivate creative specialists with the professional skills and creative mind to lead the global society.
Facts at a Glance
As of April 1, 2018
COLLEGES & SCHOOLS
- 3 International schools: SolBridge International School of Business (AACSB accredited), Sol International School, Endicott College of International Studies + Woosong Language Institute
- 4 Korean schools: College of Railroad Transportation, College of Digital Media, College of Hotel and Culinary and College of Health and Welfare
- + Woosong Language Institute
- Student diversity: 35 nationalities
- 430 international partnerships (430 universities and institutions of 67 countries)
- 1954 Woosong Education Foundation established
- 1995 opening of Woosong University
- 2008 opening of SolBridge International School of Business
- 2017 opening of Endicott College of International Studies