VISION 2030 Establishment Process and Direction
GPS (Globalization, Partnership, Specialization)
- The need for GPS, according to our external environment analysis, is becoming more and more important.
- In the last performance evaluation, GPS has contributed tremendously to the growth of Woosong University.
Systematic / Leading Preparation for Fourth Industrial Revolution
- With a high interest in the Fourth Industrial Revolution as a national agenda, it is still difficult to define and prepare for such a radical change at the government/corporate level.
- Under these circumstances, if a university take systematic preparations and a leading position during the Fourth Industrial Revolution, it is possible to gain advantage over other universities.
Increase importance of securing foreign students and establishing overseas campus
- The importance of securing foreign students due to the decreasing number of domestic students, especially the need for diversification beyond China.
- Expand strategic partnerships outside of Korea to maintain and enhance leadership over international joint campuses.
Increasing the Importance of Industry-University Collaboration in GLOCAL Perspective
- Establish collaborative clusters through industry-academia / cooperative networks through linkage with local communities, eco-systems, etc., as well as industry-university cooperation with global corporations.
Bachelor's / Administration / Training System Establishment at Global Leading Level
- Acquire training systems and infrastructure to support the organization's capabilities.
Human resource systematization and sophistication
- Improving upon our four human resources awards, by responding to domestic and international needs.
Vision 2030 : THE SMART UNIVERSITY FOR THE WORLD
- The creation of Smart University is necessary in the 4th Industrial Revolution. A Smart University has a comprehensive training program to strengthen soft powers and skills, as well as an infrastructure perspective based on ICT technology.
- We shall continue globalization, by making the world as our strategic playground
[VISION 2030] Phased Achievement Plan
1st Step (2017~2020) : “Establishment of High Valued Education System”
- To have more than 3,000 international students; to have two colleges enter the domestic top 10; to build more than 3 overseas campuses.
- To complete a global environment for Bachelor / Administration / Education system.
2nd Step (2021~2025) : “Establishment of Global Smart Campus 1.0”
- To have more than 4,000 international students; to have three colleges enter the domestic top 10; to build more than 5 overseas campuses.
- To complete Fourth Industry Global Infrastructure to achieve our goals.
3rd Step (2026~2030) : “Upgrading of Global Smart Campus 2.0”
- To have more than 5,000 international students; to have four colleges enter the domestic top 10; to build more than 7 overseas campuses.
- To build a management system at a global leading company system to achieve our goals.
Woosong University’s Talents
- To have people with the right personality for a global society
- To be talented in foreign languages communication skills
- To have the ability to build an international network
Human Resource Management Talent
- To have excellent problem-solving skills based on flexible thinking
- To be able to represent a vision from different perspectives
- To have the self-study ability
Practical Professional Talent
- To be able to apply academic knowledge in real world scenarios
- To be able to contribute to industry and society by sharing professional knowledge and expertise
- To be inspired to practice lifelong learning and knowledge exploration